"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What Moves You?

What moves you?

As I was reading this morning, something caught my attention that Paul said to the elders of the church at Ephesus (Acts 20).

“… I go bound in the spirit to Jerusalem, not knowing the things that will happen to me there, except that the Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulation await me. But none of these things move me: nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.” (NKJV)

Paul’s life, physically speaking, did not matter. He did not count his life dear to himself. He desired to finish the race that the Lord set before him with joy and to make sure the good news of God’s grace was proclaimed where ever he went. He knew the “race” was from the Lord Jesus as well as the “ministry”. He was fixed on Jesus Christ and nothing else mattered.

As Lynda and I travel to NYC to hear if the cancer returned or not, this has become our heart beat – “let none of these things move us.” Why? It is our joy to take the gospel to these dear people. If He says, “no cancer” this time, then we have an open door to come back to Phoenix right away to continue our work in dispensing the good news of Jesus here in the valley. If He says, “cancer” this time, then we have an open door to stay in NYC longer to dispense the good news of Jesus there. Our desire, our joy is to carry about in our bodies the Lord Jesus Christ. Nothing else moves us.

What has been moving you lately? What have you counted so dear to your life? Compare that which moves you; that which you count so dear to the desire of getting the good news to those the Lord has placed in your life. When we look at the joyous opportunity that the Lord gives to us to bear His name, let nothing underneath this ministry, this calling, this charge move us.

No comments:

Post a Comment