"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I was reading Zechariah this morning and in the darkest time of Israel and Judah, God gives Zechariah prophesies after prophesies that were pointing the people of Zechariah's day to His coming SON. (Just one instant - 6:12 - "Behold the Man whose name is the BRANCH!...) So I wrote in the margin of my Bible, "In their darkest moments, Jesus is made known." And this is and will always be my prayer as I have breath here on earth - "May our Lord Jesus be made known in every thing we do and go through!"

Well, a lot has happened in literally a little more than 36 hours. Thirty-six hours ago I was in Dr. Goldberg's office just waiting to hear how the healing from a surgery he performed a week ago was coming along. He removed a cyst a week ago with most assurance that it was just a cyst. He came into the examination room to say the cyst was successfully removed, but he had found some other tissue above the cyst that he removed and sent it off to Pathology. It came back as cancer (the cyst was just a cyst, but the tissue above was cancerous). It is a very rare form, one that he had not experienced yet and did not know any doctor in the Valley with experience in this form. It is called Sarcoma of the spermatic cord. It needs to be removed, but how... well, that was what the Lord began to unfold over the 36 hours.

With my immediate family (7 siblings who all pass the word in prayer around like a wild fire) and dear brother-in-law who is a surgeon over in Tennessee... well, to say the least before and after school it has been like a few minutes in time.

At this stage, my brother-in-law is working on sending me to a hospital in New York City who specializes in this type of cancer. We are waiting to hear what the Lord would have us do next and following any and all directives from my doctor here and my brother-in-law there.

Thank you for your love and prayers. I love you and thank the Lord for you and appreciate your prayers to our great and mighty Savior, Jesus. I taught the students and my family over the years to present the situations that arise in life to the Lord, and He knows best what to do with them.

I love our families in our school and thank the Lord for them too. Again, my prayer and greatest desire is that our Lord Jesus is glorified and loved through all that happens in the days to come.

God bless,
Jerome and Lynda

1 comment:

  1. Jerome and Lynda we are praying for you and for the doctors that will be treating you.
    -Amanda Johnson

    ReplyDelete