"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Helping together in prayer

2 Cor. 1:9-11
Yes, we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead, who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver us, you also helping together in prayer for us, that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the gift granted to us through many. (NKJV)
The Lord has placed in my heart, since I found out that I have cancer and an aneurysm, to not be concerned about myself but to pray for others. Pray for others who are praying for us. Pray for others who do not know the Lord Jesus and have never called on His great Name. Pray for the sick who are mentioned in our church, Bible class, small group, neighborhood, the hospital and lodging places. Pray for students and their families, teachers and administration at our school. Pray for Lynda, Bethany, Kenny, Meredith and Alex. Pray for extended family members. Pray for our nation and it’s leaders and those in authority. Pray for the doctors, nurses, medical and support staff. The requests go on…..

As I have been doing this, Lynda and I have seen so many answers to your prayers (things that we would have never considered or thought of). So I am committed to not pray about my condition or what I should do. I believe I am instructed by the Lord to let His saints approach His throne on our behalf. I am just to do the same thing you are doing, but for you.

Jesus took our burdens upon Himself first. Then we are asked to do the same thing as Jesus Christ did and continues to do to this day – “Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2

I would love to write about all the “confabulations” {you will have to look up that word that Jerry gave me years ago to use if people start loosing interest in what you are saying} that we could tell but suffice to say – The LORD is hearing your prayers and is working all things out according to HIS will as you seek Him (a mystery to me still that the Lord would choose to act upon the pleads of His children when we are not even sure what the real problems are out there. We are so thankful for the Holy Spirit, Romans 8:26, who makes sense of all we say and Jesus Christ, our High Priest Mediator who is ever interceding on our behalf.)

You saints of HIS who have born our burden, we love you and we thank the Lord for your picture of Jesus Christ to us – The One who still carries our burdens today (Psalm 55:22) and also carried upon Himself the sin of the world (John 1:29).

No comments:

Post a Comment