"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Friday, November 11, 2011

They wanted a show, not the Savior (Matt.12:38)

We find ourselves again walking on a very fine line that only the word of God discerns (Heb.4:12).

In the scriptures (Matt. 12:38ff) we find the scribes and Pharisees wanting to see something “great”, a miracle, a powerful display of accomplishing an impossible task, maybe the parting of the sea again, or raising the dead, “Yeah do that one!” And these scribes and Pharisees were making a lethal mistake, which we must not repeat. They wanted to see something that fell way short of what they should have desired. They wanted something (anything, even a mighty thing) over the Lord Jesus.

As we face struggles, afflictions, tragedies or victories, success, and prosperity – we must not loose sight of what (Who) we are really looking for, all through this life.

Adam and Eve made this very same mistake that the scribes and Pharisees made. They wanted something more than God. (That alone sounds like a contradiction in words.)
“O Lord Jesus, continue to have mercy on me as I so often come to you for something rather than coming to YOU for YOU. Your Name is Hollowed, Your kingdom comes and is made known in our lives through your word, Your will is done, not ours, but Yours, You are our daily Bread, You are the our Forgiver and cleanser of Sin as we can only forgive men for the wrong that they have done to us, You are the Leader out of temptation and Deliver from evil our hearts are so prone to be drawn to (Mat. 6:9-13), You are our Glory, Healer, Savior, Desire, King, Comforter, Master, Helper, Life, Breath, and God. May my only “idol” be YOU. May my only want is what You have already promised and have given - YOU. And as I want You, I hear you say, “Love one another as I have loved you.” (John 15:12) I hear you say, “I am the bread of life.” (John 6:35,48) I hear You say, “I am the way the truth and the life…” (John 14:6), I hear Your word say – “You are the wisdom and knowledge of God.” (Col. 2:2-3) I hear Your word say, “By Him all things were created… and in Him all things are held together.” (Col. 1:15-18) O my King, You have created us for You and it is to You we come daily and can hardly wait for the day You will come for us. We love you Our Lord Jesus. Amen”

No comments:

Post a Comment