"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

“His healing hand begins…”

I have a dear friend who is an amazing hip, joint, and knee replacement surgeon (Tim) and he told me something years ago that I never have forgotten. (I am hoping I can convey what he actually said). He said, “Doctors have been given gifts and talents from the heavenly Father to go into the body and take out things, replace things, break down, cut and take apart. We then sew the person up and then God does the real miracle - He restores and heals. No doctor can do this and if the Lord Jesus did not do this, we all would be out of jobs.”

Oh how we give thanks to the Lord for the amazing gifts, skilled hands and wisdom our Lord Jesus gives to physicians and the medical community. They do that which is only possible and they do that well. But how much more do we thanks to Him who does the impossible every day. Only the Lord Jesus can do that which would never enter the mind of men or could not be worked out in the mind of man, if even given an eternity. We will have all eternity to marvel at the impossible things He has done. We have the greatest Physician ever to run to any and every day (Mark 6:54-56).

I enjoy telling our doctors and nurses that they remind me of the greatest Physician who ever walked on the face of this earth. His name is Jesus and I love Him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment