"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

What do we do when we wait?

This is a mystery to me. God created the heavens and the earth in 6 days (just trying to wrap my mind around that is more than I could possibly do) but He has us now waiting, Lord willing, 18 days to deal with this cancer (and in the mean time, maybe deal with an aneurism). Surely the God who created the heavens and the earth could do something with this so small this as cancer in less than 6 nano (is this a word?) seconds. But He is calling us to wait?

So this morning as I awoke, (thanks for praying for sleep and rest, He has showered sleep & rest upon Lynda and me and we have been sleeping sound in Jesus) and the Lord reminded me again that although I may never comprehend this thing called “waiting”, He has taught us what we can do while we are in this waiting period.

Supported by a host of scripture (Mark 13:13, 14:48, Mat. 26:38-41, 24:42, Luke 12:37, 21:36, Col. 4:2, Rev. 3:2-3), Eph. 6:18 says, “And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.” (NIV) The word of the Lord is reminding us that as we wait on the Lord (Ps. 27:14), He wants us to pray and watch. Watch Him do that which we would never imagine in this process of waiting. Pray and bring all requests boldly before His throne through the blood of Jesus Christ (Heb. 4:14-16, 10:19, 12:24).

There have been a host of people I know who have a far better understanding of what this “waiting, praying & watching” is all about for they have been in that waiting mode for years. Some I will mention by first name, but if you know a someone by this name, wait with them in prayer and watch…

My sisters in suffering, I call them – Susan (whose waiting has already been fully awarded to her this past week), Bonnie (who in her teens began and continues to wait), Margie (who told me a few weeks ago that in the middle of the night she was awakened and began to pray for my family and me), Jody (who has seen a partial award here on earth), Carrisa (who has in Christ looked at so much suffering and remains a lover of the One who suffers with her).

Dave (an elder who is beyond my years in everyway and prays fervently for others in his suffering), Doug (who is just a couple years older than me but started to teach me when I was graduating from High school), David (who has more in his little toe then in all my head), Justin, Claudia, Olivia, Cas, Danielle, Shannon, JT, Parker, Micah, Amanda (who unceasingly pray for an aunt, grandpa Roy, uncle Sam and grandma Ruth, grandpa, Uncle Scott, Mr. Tom), Bro. Shi and his brother (lovers of the Lord Jesus), Bro. Yun (who suffered greatly for our Lord Jesus), Pastor Richard (who I say, is well practiced at looking death in the eyes without a shred of fear for he Fears Our Lord Jesus more than anything), Carl (who showed me in High School that cancer was not to be feared and still testifies to that fact), Charlie (who has heart that continues to beat for our Jesus and full of love), Rich, Joey, Bill, Kerry, Pastor Brad, Terry, Ron, Mike (BFAM), Kendal & Mary, Amanda, Jordan, Tom, Jimmy, Pastor Steve, Uncle Ken, Jack, Folks at OV, Pam, Brad, Gary and Robyn, Carman(dad in Christ)and Ruth… (all of the names could easily go on)

We can see there is a lot that God is accomplishing in this epigrammatic (just for you professor Michael) time of waiting. “O Lord Jesus, may we make the most of You in these brief waiting periods in life for there is coming a day when we will no longer wait but will have all eternity to praise You for what You did in these few moments and will continue to do forever. “

No comments:

Post a Comment