"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Update from Jerome 11/23/11

I am recovering outside of the hospital now. They released me earlier this afternoon (Thanking the Lord for that). All of the staff at the hospital were such a delight and encouragement. Saw Jesus over and over again in the kind gestures and care taken there at Sloan-Kettering Memorial Hospital.

Just an interesting side note - My brother-in-law (Grady, in Nashville area) got me into Sloan-Kettering through a Dr. Polk who is a cancer surgeon in the Nashville area and who studied under Dr. Brennan. Well Dr. Brennan had an assistant Dr. - Doctor Wolf who worked along side of him on my cancer situation. Yesterday, after surgery, Dr. Wolf asked curiously how I found out about Sloan-Ketterin and Dr. Brannon - after I told him about Grady and Dr. Polk, he said - "What a small world - I am going to be joining Dr. Polk's Surgical staff in Nashville in just a while." He literally is going to be partners with the man who suggested us to come to this hospital. Not as much as a small world as BIG GOD, I would say. So the students and I will also be praying for Dr. Wolf as he begins his practice with Dr. Polk (who I have never met, but look forward to meeting one day.)
Much love and God's blessings,
Jerome

No comments:

Post a Comment