"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Paradox of Sheep and the Lamb

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written:
“For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.” Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:35-39 (NKJV)
Although we are counted as sheep for the slaughter, I did not see some of my actions line up to Lamb of God who suffered for all His people.

He was oppressed and He was afflicted,
Yet He opened not His mouth;
He was led as a lamb to the slaughter,
And as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
So He opened not His mouth. Isaiah 53:7 (NKJV)

I found myself in my pain today, but not dealing with the pain as my Great Mighty Savior. I was to say the least - a bit irritable, hearing myself say to Lynda, “Hurry up” and then a few minutes later saying, “I can’t walk that fast- slow down.” I found my mind wandering to the pain in the area of my incision, and thinking way to much of my situation than others who are in far worst conditions (or not in worst but have asked me to pray about something.)

So different from our Savior who said very little while being shamefully beaten and blasphemed by men who vehemently hated him. I had a wife who loves me by my side all day in my pain and there to only help me. He from the cross said, “Father forgive them for they do not know what they are doing.” I had to say several times throughout the day (and I could have said this many more times) – “I am so sorry Lynda for being snippy and impatient with you while you were just helping me.” He was shoved by men and pushed to the limits. I was the one pushing and wanting my way through the day. He was beaten and crushed with destruction awaiting Him. I am cared for and pampered with healing awaiting me. He cried from the cross, “My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me. I cried throughout the day, “O Lord, I have forsaken you in my thoughts and my actions today, have mercy on me.”

All of this to say, “What a wonderful Savior we have! And one day when I grow up, I want to be just like Him.” But for now, I know He is with me in my small pain (in comparison to His) and He knows how to deal with this light affliction that I am going through. O, how I long for everyone, whether you are experiencing great pain or great pleasure, pressures or peace, fear or freedom, sorrow or gladness, sinfulness or goodness, poverty or prosperity, (etc.) you and I would know this great Savior – Our Lord Jesus – better today than ever before.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jerome for the updates! You are a great example of an ambassador for Jesus. Thanks for sharing your journey!
    Mike Paasch

    ReplyDelete